st: Multinomial with Conditioning Variable unique to each response?

From   Javier Miranda <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Multinomial with Conditioning Variable unique to each response?
Date   Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:48:05 -0400

I want to estimate a Multinomial Logit Model where one of the conditioning variables is unique across alternatives.
More specifically, say I want to model the probability of an event occurring in any of four years, 1982, 1983, 1984 and 1985.
Now, say one of the conditioning variables is unque across alternatives; for example, assume the interest rate differs each year.
Now, if I estimate this model and generate the predicted probabilities I end up with a set of probibilites for each interest rate by year.
This is not right. Any suggestions as to what model I should be looking at?

Thanks Much
--javier miranda

*
* For searches and help try: