Re: st: Fixed Effects estimation with time-invariant variables

From   "ALICE DOBSON" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Fixed Effects estimation with time-invariant variables
Date   Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:44:13 -0400

I do not understand why one would do that? Rather, what purpose would it serve?
Best,
Alice

From: David Jacobs <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Fixed Effects estimation with time-invariant variables
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:08:11 -0400

If you create interaction terms between between three of the four possible dummies computed on your periods and multiply these dummies by one of your time invariant explanatory variables, your fixed-effects equation will produce estimates for these interacted "ex" time-invariant effects. See Charles Halaby's piece on panel estimation in an Annual Review of Sociology about two to four years ago.

Dave Jacobs