Re: st: test survival curve differences at 5, 10, 15 year cut points

From   Lars Kroll <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: test survival curve differences at 5, 10, 15 year cut points
Date   Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:05:09 +0200

Hi Joseph,

I'm not quite sure what you want but I suppose you'd like coparisons of ranges of time not of points in time?

The solution would be like this one with a sample dataset:

. use http://www.stata-press.com/data/r9/stan3.dta
(snip)

. sts test surgery if inrange(_t,0,17)
(snip)

. sts test surgery if inrange(_t,17,183)
(snip)

Hope this helps,

Lars
____________________________
Lars E. Kroll
WEB www.lkroll.de

Wagner, Joseph schrieb:

I have been asked to test the difference between two lines on a KM graph
at 5, 10, and 15 year points. I had originally intended to use -sts
test- but there isn't the option -at(5 10 15)- like there is with -sts
list- (but the option -test- isn't allowed when the -at- option is used)
and I prefer to not create new variables for 5, 10, 15 year endpoints.
I am at a loss how to do this. Ideally, I want a single graph with the
test coefficient at each 5 year point. (I am using version 8)

Here are my -stset- and -stcox- statements:

stset datelr, id(patkey) failure(death_yn) origin(dxdate) scale(365.25) stcox type agedxfr race sex, nolog sts list, by(type) adjustfor(agedxfr race sex) compare at(5 10 15)

I have considered using different -exit- options with -stset- but I
don't think you can specify an exit of 5 years post-entrance. Correct
me if I am wrong.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/