st: RE: Interaction terms in logistic regression using dummy variables

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Interaction terms in logistic regression using dummy variables
Date   Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:11:52 -0500

-findit logit interaction- brings up two fairly recent Stata Journal
articles:

SJ-5-1  st0081   Visualizing main effects & interactions for binary logit
mod.
        . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . M. N. Mitchell and X.
Chen
        (help vibl, viblicc, viblidb, vibligraph, viblmcc, viblmdb,
        viblmgraph if installed)
        Q1/05   SJ 5(1):64--82
        presents new package vibl as visualization tool for
        interpreting main effects and interactions in logit models
        when using predicted probabilities

SJ-4-2  st0063  Interaction effects & standard errors in logit & probit
models
        (help inteff if installed)  . . . . . E. C. Norton, H. Wang, and C.
Ai
        Q2/04   SJ 4(2):154--167
        computes the marginal effect of a change in two interacted
        variables for a logit or probit model, provides standard
        errors, and graphs the interaction effect

The Mitchell and Chen paper and movies(!) demonstrating the commands are
available at

http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/seminars/stata_vibl/viblm.htm

Hope this helps,
Scott