st: RE: RE: reading the first X letters of a filename

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: reading the first X letters of a filename
Date   Tue, 19 Jul 2005 01:58:31 +0100

A different approach would appear more direct:
use -fs-, as publicised by Kit Baum yesterday.

ssc inst fs
fs *bilateral.csv
foreach f in `r(files)' {
	insheet using `"`f'"'
	local country : substr local f "bilateral.csv"
	gen country = "`country'"
}

Dev Vencappa