st: RE: reading the first X letters of a filename

From   "Dev Vencappa" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: reading the first X letters of a filename
Date   Tue, 19 Jul 2005 00:53:20 +0100

Statalist,
I am running the insheet command as follows:

insheet using "C:\World Bank TPD data\ARGbilateral.csv", clear
gen str5 country=="ARG"

I have about 100 other csv files similar to the above. e.g. ARMbilateral, BRGbilateral, CRDbilateral, etc. I have to repeat the same command on each of these csv files. Instead of writing a macro that would store all these three letter names and calling them in a loop, I was wondering if there is a simpler way of asking Stata to read the first three letters of the file, check if it is followed by the name bilateral, read in the data and execute the commands that follow.

Apologies if this has been posted before.

Many thanks
Dev