st: RE: estout output option and table in word processor

From   "Jann, Ben" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: estout output option and table in word processor
Date   Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:54:39 +0200

Jun wrote:
> Like after using outreg, I open that text file (c:\trial) in
> word, select
> all, and use convert table function under table (convert text
> to table).
> However, unlike files produced by outreg, word fails to read multiple
> columns in the text file produced by estout.

Furthermore:
> With some trial and error, I just found out that only if I
> use style(tab)
> option plus if I select only the part without legend (*P<.05,
> **P<....), I
> will be able to let word read all columns.

Specifying the -style(tab)- option should not change anything. It
is the default. -estout- produces tab separated tables (as does
-outreg-) unless an alternative column delimiter is specified
using the -delimiter()- option or the output style is changed to,
e.g., -style(tex)-.

It seems that Jun's problem was indeed caused by the legend line at
the end of the table. The line somehow confuses Word. Thus, best
just omit the -legend- option.

ben