RE: st: estout output option and table in word processor

From   "Jun Xu" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: estout output option and table in word processor
Date   Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:17:59 -0500

With some trial and error, I just found out that only if I use style(tab) option plus if I select only the part without legend (*P<.05, **P<....), I will be able to let word read all columns.

estout m* using "c:\trial", cells(b(star fmt(%9.3f)) se(par)) stats(N ll bic aic) varlabels(_cons Constant) legend replace style(tab)

Jun Xu
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Sociology
Indiana University at Bloomington
http://mypage.iu.edu/~junxu/home

From: "Jun Xu" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: estout output option and table in word processor
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:58:38 -0500

estout is a great user written ado. However, I encountered some problem while converting to be a user of estout. Here is my problem with its syntax as follows:

estout m* using "c:\trial", cells(b(star fmt(%9.3f)) se(par)) stats(N ll bic aic) varlabels(_cons Constant) legend replace

Like after using outreg, I open that text file (c:\trial) in word, select all, and use convert table function under table (convert text to table). However, unlike files produced by outreg, word fails to read multiple columns in the text file produced by estout. Instead, it reads mulpile columns into one colums and what I get is a mess. So, I am here asking if I missed some options or important part of the process. Thanks in advance!

Jun Xu
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Sociology
Indiana University at Bloomington