st: re: error message while trying to save file named 'aux'

From   Marcello Pagano <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: re: error message while trying to save file named 'aux'
Date   Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:26:12 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: post?
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:12:44 -0400
From: Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To: Marcello Pagano <[email protected]>

Marcello,

Seriously, I don't know why this one has not gone through -- there's no binary junk in it, and I've sent it twice from my subscribed account:

Subject: re: error message while trying to save a file named 'aux'

If you're having these problems saving a file named aux.dta, you need an operating system upgrade:

. save "/Users/baum/Desktop/aux.dta"
file /Users/baum/Desktop/aux.dta saved

. cd ~/desktop
/Users/baum/Desktop/

. use aux

Contains data from aux.dta
obs: 200
vars: 6 15 Jul 2005 12:13
size: 5,600 (99.9% of memory free)
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------
storage display value
variable name type format label variable label
company float %9.0g
year float %9.0g
invest float %9.0g

Kit Baum, Boston College Economics