st: residuals

From   "Elizabeth Whiting" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: residuals
Date   Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:58:26 +0100

I have run a multilevel model in gllamm and want to look at the residuals
and mean intercepts of the different areas, (with and without 95%
confidence intervals). I have been told by one source to use the command
'gllapred u,u' to get the residuals but someone else has told me this is
not correct.

How do I generate the area level residuals so that I can plot them in a
graph?

Any advice would be really helpful

Thanks

Liz Whiting
Research Officer
ONS

For the latest data on the economy and society
consult National Statistics at http://www.statistics.gov.uk

Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages
are routinely monitored for compliance with our policy
on the use of electronic communications