st: macros in do files don't run

From   "Pema, Elda ALB" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: macros in do files don't run
Date   Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:05:34 -0700

There must be a very easy solution to this but I have been unable to find it:

When I define macros and run regressions interactively everything works fine.
E.g.:
local demog "age female black hisp other"
reg hsgrad `demog'

When I put the same commands in a .do file, nothing works. It's as if the macros didn't exist at all and regressions are run with only a constant term. I tried defining a global macro too, but that didn't help either. Finally, I tried defining the macros interactively, and running the regressions from the .do file, and that didn't help either. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Elda

<<winmail.dat>>