st: Re: HecKman two step procedure and prediction

From   "R.E. De Hoyos" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: HecKman two step procedure and prediction
Date   Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:16:30 +0300

Alfredo,

The option -stdp- after -predict- in Heckman's estimation, produces the standard error of the fitted value. Where the fitted value derives from the "population" un biased parameters estimates, i.e. taking into account selectivity [y^hat = {xb^hat | Pr(y = observed | z)}].

I hope I got your question right,

Rafa
________________________
R.E. De Hoyos
Faculty of Economics
University of Cambridge
CB3 9DE, UK
www.econ.cam.ac.uk/phd/red29/

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alfredo Ariza Alfaro" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 7:47 PM
Subject: st: HecKman two step procedure and prediction

Hi everyone!
                     I want to predict  wages for women who do not work,
so I am using the Heckman two step procedure to calculate wages for
participants accounting for selection. To predict wages for non
participants accurately I want to use the standard error of the
prediction instead of using just the mean. Using "predict  var , stdp"
predicts the standard error of the prediction taking into account the
Mills ratio? Or is just calculating the standard error of the linear
regression without taking into account the selection?

Thank you very much.

Regards.