RE: st: Differences between stata 9 and 8.2 - factor analysis

From   "Daniel Schneider" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Differences between stata 9 and 8.2 - factor analysis
Date   Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:39:28 -0700

Richard,

Thanks for the hint. Yes, you are right, as expected the results are the
same as in the real 8.2 when I use -version-. My only problem now is
that I have to figure out what exactly the difference between the two
version is and which one I should trust (and how to justify that). The
whatsnew just tells me that rotate has been expanded with new methods of
rotations, but I don't see how that should affect my usage of VARIMAX.

I guess something has been changed on how that rotation works, perhaps a
starting value? Any clues?

Daniel Schneider