st: gologit vs logit

From   "Zhu, Carolyn" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: gologit vs logit
Date   Mon, 06 Jun 2005 13:07:34 -0400

Title: gologit vs logit

Hi Statalister,

We estimated a gologit model where the depedent variable has 4 categories from best to worst. We compared coefficients from the generalized ordered logit model with the three binary logit models. We had thought these results might be similar. But they are very different (e.g., some coefficients are twice as large) and tell a very different stody. We are puzzled as to what might be going on and wondering if the experts on the list would tell us what we might be doing wrong.

Many thanks,

Carolyn