Re: st: RE: converting snapshot data into duration format

From   Patricia Vera Rojas <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: converting snapshot data into duration format
Date   Mon, 23 May 2005 03:04:56 +0200 (CEST)

The problem is that SNAPSPAN generates a missing value in the first observation of the variable
"date0". Then, when I use STSET, this first observatiosn with the missing value is not taken in
account for the survival analysis. By this way, I am losing all the first observations of all the
subjects in my data. Hope you can help me.

Thanks,
Patricia

--- Nick Cox <[email protected]> escribi�:
> What information are you losing by what Stata does?
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Patricia Vera Rojas
>
> > I have:
> >
> > id    date
> > X   20jan2000
> > X   22jan2000
> > X   24jan2000
> > X   25jan2000
> >
> > When I SNAPSPAN it, I get:
> >
> > id    date0      date1
> > X      .       20jan2000
> > X   20jan2000  22jan2000
> > X   22jan2000  24jan2000
> > X   24jan2000  25jan2000
> >
> > But by this way, when I STSET it, I lose the first
> > observation (because of the missing), how can I
> > do it?

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, m�s seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es