RE: st: Time Format

From   "King, Belinda L" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Time Format
Date   Fri, 6 May 2005 09:03:35 +1000

If you want to join the time into the date so you can look at fraction of days, I suggest you look at help for -real- and considering breaking the time down into components and then create a fraction then add it to the date variable, as long as that is in dmy format.

Bellinda

Bellinda King
Statistician
Clinical Epidemiology and Health Service Evaluation Unit
Melbourne Health
Tel: (03) 9342 8772
Fax: (03) 9342 7060
Email: [email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Robert A
Yaffee
Sent: Friday, 6 May 2005 2:20 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Time Format

The time format is another issue, but you might be able to
subtring out the date format and convert it with the
strdate procedure.

Assuming that ddate is in the format 03/12/1988,

strdate ddate, s("mdy") y(1999) f(%dmdy)

would return the date in a date format.

2100 Linwood Avenue
Apt 19-W
Fort Lee, NJ