st: RE: Graphs in Stata 9 vs 8

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Graphs in Stata 9 vs 8
Date   Thu, 5 May 2005 13:25:19 +0100

The difference between Stata 8 and Stata 9 graphics
is precisely explained on the StataCorp website.

Only you can make the decision about manual purchase.
Of course, you can postpone purchase to see how much
you miss the manual.

As well as missing documentation on new features, there
are always many small fixes and additions in the
manuals in a new release that are not publicly flagged.

One of the most crucial features of the graphics manual
is the set of pictures. Often just browsing through
gives you the instant impression "That's the kind of
graph I want now" or "That kind of graph could be
useful some day". The on-line help cannot convey
these impressions nearly so well.

Alejandro Lopez-Feldman