st: questions about piecewise harzard model

From   Zhi Huang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: questions about piecewise harzard model
Date   Wed, 4 May 2005 07:44:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Tapes:
      While searching online, I found that I had the same problem as yours regarding how to estimate piecewise harzard model. I am still struggling. I guess I have the same data structure as yours. My data are about organizational mortality in an organizational population. Like yours, most of my covariates are time-varying, updated yearly. That means that I have to first split my data into yearly spells. at this point, I don't know how to stset my data so that I can estimate piecewise harzard model. The organizational mortality rate highly depends on organizational age as found in other population ecology studies. These previous studies split their data along the time axis of organizational age ( or tenure). So I guess (I can only guess) that the time they used to stset their data is organizational age. But I don't know how they stset their data aong the time axis of organizational age while at the same time updating their data annually. I would love to know how you solved th
 is problem. Please give me some help--I am so frustrated!!! I read some books and papers, but didn't have any clue. I notice that you are in Boston (at least when you posted your questions online). If it is possible, I would also like to get in touch with you if you don't mind. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to your reply.

    A desparate man

    Alex