Re: st: re: WLS and dummies

From   Javier Bacarreza <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: re: WLS and dummies
Date   Sun, 17 Apr 2005 15:40:08 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the answer Kit and all, I tried to use the
command lincom in the following way:

The data set is (a sample):

var1	var2	var3	var4	var5	var6	var7
.576	1	0	0	1	0	0
.354	0	0	1	0	1	0
.542	1	0	0	0	0	1
.6354	0	1	0	1	0	0
.875	1	0	0	0	1	0
.524	0	1	0	0	0	1
.324	0	0	1	0	1	0
.643	1	0	0	1	0	0
.523	0	1	0	0	0	1
.089	0	0	1	0	1	0

and I regress :

reg   var1 var2 var3 var4 var5 var6 var7

and it drops var4 and var7 due multicollinearity. And
I use lincom:

lincom var4

But still I can not get the estimation of this
parameter and the std error since it says dropped. Do
you have any clue how can I solve this?..

Thanks in advance,

Javier