st: Value labels as equation names

Subject   st: Value labels as equation names
Date   Fri, 15 Apr 2005 00:37:52 -0500

I am writing a multi-equation program using the -ml- commands (sort of like -mlogit-). I would like to be able to use the value labels of the dependent variable as the equation names. However, this is proving to be a non-trivial matter, since value labels need not be valid equation names, e.g. equation names cannot contain spaces and lots of other characters that are legit for value labels. Also, value labels need not all be different for a variable.

I imagine I am not the first person to ever encounter this problem. If anybody can point me to do some code or other materials that show good ways to handle this, I would appreciate it.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]