st: RE: Mata question: "matrix languages evaluate matrix expressions"?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Mata question: "matrix languages evaluate matrix expressions"?
Date   Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:06:59 +0100

My (somewhat informed) guess is that this is
absolutely nothing to do with a disclaimer
about lack of precision. There would be no
point in publishing Mata if it led to
compromises over precision.

More generally, as said earlier, I really
don't think you are going to get good answers
about such questions for the next two weeks
or so. StataCorp technical people are just way too busy.
It would be nice to be wrong on that, but
I doubt it.

Renzo Comolli