st: Kalman filter SVAR

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Kalman filter SVAR
Date   Fri, 8 Apr 2005 18:45:44 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to estimate natural interest rates and potential outputs for
new EU member countries using the approach in Laubach and Williamson
(2001), Measuring the Natural Rate of Interest, Board of Governors of the
Federal Reserve System working paper.

The approach involves using the Kalman filter to estimate an SVAR. Anyone
know how this can be done in Stata (the only reference to the Kalman filter
I found in Stata's help resources or on this list was in connection with -
arima -; perhaps I should add that I regrettably don't have access to the
TS manual, so apologies if the question is answered in that manual) ?

Thanks

Dr. Ralph Heinrich
Economic Affairs Officer
Economic Analysis Division