Re: st: error message r(2000)

From   "louis boakye-yiadom" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: error message r(2000)
Date   Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:30:08 +0000

Ron�n, I've just examined the variables and all are numeric.

Louis

From: Ron�n Conroy <[email protected]>

louis boakye-yiadom wrote:

Dear All,
I get a "no observations" error message -r(2000)- when I execute a do file,
and I'm having difficulty determining what's going wrong. According to the
error message, I "have requested some statistical calculation and there are
no observations on which to perform it. Perhaps you specified if exp or in
range and inadvertently filtered all the data." I don't understand what is
meant by "filtered all the data". The line that generates the error message
is:
regress lnW `varlist' if migst1==0
To check whether there are actually no observations, I gave the following
command (and had the shown output):
count if migst1==0 & !mi(`varlist')
2720

Is there a non-numeric variable in there perhaps?