Re: st: comparison between a repeated ordinal measures

From   Joseph Coveney <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: comparison between a repeated ordinal measures
Date   Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:11:13 +0900

Joseph Wagner wrote:

Thank you for your response.  My data is in -wide- format.  In order
to use -ologit- or -gllamm-, does my data necessarily need to be in
-long- format?  I am guessing that either I need to or I have set up
-ologit- and -gologit- incorrectly since the coefficient and p-value I
get are quite different.  Looking at the table it appears there isn't
a difference between the two time points and the results I get from
your programming supports this.

Yes; the data need to be -reshape-d long in order to use -ologit- or -gllamm-.

Inspection of the -ordplot- plot leads me to the same conclusion that you've
drawn:  the scores are essentially the same between the two observation time
points.  (I'm sorry for my confusion over the relation between -ordplot- and
-distplot-.  Thanks to Nick for straightening me out on this.)

Ralph B. D'Agostino, Sr., has written on robustness of Student's t test for
ordered categorical data--did you get the chance to try -mvrepeat- or -ttest-
and compare its results to the others'?

Joseph Coveney