st: how to use inverse hyperbolic sine function

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how to use inverse hyperbolic sine function
Date   Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:40:25 -0500 (EST)

Dear users,

I need to use inverse hyperbolic sine function to transform my dependent
variables in a regression, which, honestly, I don't understand very much.
I failed to find the relevant commands to perform this technique in Stata
7.0.  Does anybody have a relevant program which I can use as a reference,
and have suggestions about interpreting the coefficient for varaibles like
gender?  Thanks a lot.

Ying

Ying Wang
Ph.D. Candidate