Re: st: Calculate the mean of y if there are many similar x

From   Luhang Wang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Calculate the mean of y if there are many similar x
Date   Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:11:51 -0500

Not sure whether you are trying to get the group mean of y, grouped by x.

If yes, collapse can do the job, resulting in a data set of 3573
observations and two variables: group mean of y and the corresponding
x.