st: RE: graph: labels of ticks on y-axis

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: graph: labels of ticks on y-axis
Date   Fri, 18 Mar 2005 02:57:12 -0000

This is purely dependent on which
graph scheme you are using. You
can tune the angle to any reasonable
setting. Using the option

yla(, ang(h))

will insist that you want horizontal
labels. This is explained in the manuals
and the on-line help:

whelp axis_label_options

Trinh Le

Re graphing, ticks on the y-axis are labelled horizontally in Stata 7, but vertically in Stata 8
I find this quite annoying, esp when the labels are long or when there are a lot of ticks to be labelled.
I was wondering if there's a way of getting the labels to stand horizontally in Stata 8 as in Stata 7 please?