st: ON -XTHAUMAN-

From   shels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ON -XTHAUMAN-
Date   Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:22:44 +0000 (GMT)

to listers:

i am trying to apply -xthausman- to test for the
random effects assumption but everytime i do that this
error comes up:

Estimate of sigma_u = 0, random-effects estimator has
degenerated to pooled
OLS and the Wald test from xthausman may not be
appropriate.  See [R] hausman
for a more general implementation of the Hausman test.
r(459);

i think it has something to do with the fact that
sigma_u = 0 when i apply the -xtreg, re- to my model?
what does sigma_u = 0 means anyway? and what do you
suggest i should do instead if hausman test wouldnt
run? how would i know which among fixed and random
effects is better to use?

any help would be greatly appreciated!
thank you v.much!
-shels-

=====

"If I could get my membership fee back, I'd resign from the human race. "
   >>>Fred Allen (1894 - 1956)

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!