st: RE: Re: extracting tables from stata

From   "Branko Milanovic" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: extracting tables from stata
Date   Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:58:30 -0500

On a similar note,

Why is it that when I download some of the files the .hlp files
sometimes come in smcl format which is really useless (rather than as a
neat text to be read in Notepad). What should I do? Can I convert smcl
into text? (setting "set logtype text" does not help; i.e it helps only
when you export your own stata stuff into a text file).

Thanks a lot.

Branko

Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
tel: 202-473-6968 (leave a message)
www.worldbank.org/research/inequality
http://econpapers.hhs.se/RAS/pmi44.htm
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=149002