Re: st: Telling Stata what computer I am on

Subject   Re: st: Telling Stata what computer I am on
Date   Tue, 25 Jan 2005 07:48:53 -0500

At 08:20 PM 1/25/2005 +0800, you wrote:
I work on two computers: one a desktop and the other a laptop.  The desktop
was setup with the hard-disk partition into C: and D: drives and my data and
programs are stored on the D: drive.

My laptop, however, has only a C: drive.  Therfore, if I write programs on
one they will not run on the other unless I change the C: to D: or visa
versa.
Another possible solution: create a .bat file with something like this:

subst D: C:\Ddrive

Within the folder Ddrive, place your folders that you want to be treated as though they are on D:

The .bat file could be placed in your startup folder so it runs every time you boot the computer.

One advantage of this is that it would go beyond just Stata, i.e. material that is on both machines can be in the D: drive on both machines.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]