st: Corrupted file due to file transfer?

From   Lutz Engelhardt <[email protected]>
To   Stata Listserver <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Corrupted file due to file transfer?
Date   Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:09:06 +0100

Dear All,

One of my Stata .dta file got corrupted. Some rows are missing completely, others were thoroughly duplicated or tripled but the overall number of entries stayed unchanged. Although I am normally willing to blame myself for that kind of thing right away, this time I just can't imagine which sequence of commands or lapse of concentration could be responsible for the state of the file. Question: Has anybody ever experienced a .dta file getting corrupted by being tranfered via ftp? Or do I have to look for something else?

Thank you very much,

Lutz Engelhardt

--
Lutz Engelhardt