Re: st: Help from gllamm users

From   Michael Ingre <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Help from gllamm users
Date   Wed, 10 Nov 2004 18:59:58 +0100

On 2004-11-10, at 16.00, Guillaume Frechette wrote:

Dear gllamm users, I am doing a simulation using gllamm and I want to limit
the maximum number of iterations gllamm can do (using it(#)). After each run
of gllamm the program saves the p-value one of the coefficients. However,
when gllamm reaches the value specified in it(#) I would like to set that
value to missing. Can someone tell me if gllamm saves a result that would
allow me to write a code that sets that value to missing? Something like the
number of iterations it performed. Thanks in advance.
The scalar -e(ic)- seems to report the number of Newton-Raphson iterations and the log for the 20 last iterations seems to be reported in the matrix -e(ilog)-. If I remember correctly from the manuals and the book on ml estimation by Gould et al, these results are posted directly by -ml-.

However, there seem to be no report of the adaptive quadrature iterations which complicate things i.e. if you want to use the -adapt- option (as you probably should).

Michael

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/