Re: st: Referencing Specific Cell in Panel Data

From   Ichiro Fujikake <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Referencing Specific Cell in Panel Data
Date   Fri, 05 Nov 2004 12:30:32 +0900

If the first year is always 1990, this should do the job.

bysort country (year): gen indicator= index[1]>100

Otherwise, how about this?

gen indicator=  year==1990 & index>100
bysort country (indicator): replace indicator=indicator[_N]

If index can be missing in 1990, you should also take care of it.

Ichiro Fujikake
[email protected]