st: Latent class analysis

From   "Modesto G Gayo-Cal" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Latent class analysis
Date   Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:17:02 +0100

I've been trying to find out whether it is possible to do a latent class
analysis using STATA. I found the GLAMM programme and I
skimmed the manual, but I didn't find any proper answer. It seems
that it is been designed to do more sophisticated analysis, and
maybe it's been taked for granted that the potential users would
know how to deal with a simple latent class analysis. This is not
the case. Therefore, could someone give some answer to the next
logically linked questions?

1. Is it possible to do latent class analysis with STATA?

2. If the answer to 1 is "yes", how?

Thank you very much!

Best,

Modesto Gayo-Cal