st: RE: Help on double or single quote search in a String

From   "David Harrison" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Help on double or single quote search in a String
Date   Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:13:14 +0100

Use compound double quotes - ie `" for open quote and "' for close quote. So the string containing the double quote character is written as `"""'

e.g.

. di index(`"string with " quotes"',`"""')
13

David
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: MITRA PINAKI (MAR1PXM) [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 26 October 2004 16:54
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Help on double or single quote search in a String

Hello List,

    I have a string variable which has double quotes and/or single quotes in
some of the values and I would like to delete and generate a new variable.

For example,
Old Name			New Name
Brad  Allred"s		Brad  Allreds
STEVEN" KROFF'		STEVEN KROFF

How can I put the double quote <"> and/or single quote <'> in the index
string function to search for and delete it? I can't figure out the trick to
search for quotes in a string variable; I get the error message "too few
quotes" in all my attempts. Can anyone please help me with this?

Thank you,
Pinaki