Re: st: How to compute SE for linear or nonlinear combination of params?

Subject   Re: st: How to compute SE for linear or nonlinear combination of params?
Date   Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:59:30 -0400

Note that things are not so simple with nonlinear tests. Depending on
the curvature of transformation, you can get different results. See
Drukker's paper in STB-54 on that.

Also, if the slope is not statistically significant, then you are
essentially diving by zero, and thus any reasonable method should give
you something like infinite variance of your ratio.

If you are interested in something like the point of zero crossing
(judging from the form of your nonlinear combination), then you can
use inverse regression / regression calibration approach to construct
it. See my -calibr- procedure that I hope is downloadable from
somewhere on the Net.

Stas

--
Stas Kolenikov