st: Re: ST wish list and dbrowse

From   "Eric Uslaner" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: ST wish list and dbrowse
Date   Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:30:12 -0400

Thanks to Nick Cox for dbrowse.  What would be wonderful is the ability
to edit labels this way (labedit is sometimes very clunky and sometimes
even crashes Stata for me).  That would be great.

Re the wish list: (1) simple, I hope, would be a drop down add on to
the file menu listing recent files accessed, as in most Windows programs
(even SPSS); and (2) 2-stage probit (subject of many discussions on this
list).  Nicer tables for export would also be great, as would the
ability to control the number of decimal places for output (seven in
regression is way too many) and the ABILITY TO GET ONE TAILED TESTS
AUTOMATICALLY (since you shouldn't really do two-tailed tests if you
have a theory and if you don't have a theory, you shouldn't be doing at
least social science--I'll let the hard sciences speak for themselves).

Thanks,

Ric Uslaner
Department of Government and Politics
University of Maryland