Re: st: Heckman on panels

Subject   Re: st: Heckman on panels
Date   Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:14:58 -0400

It is (ii), no good answer. Heckman's model is complicated enough per
se, and putting another layer of complexity with panel is not an easy
task. The simplest thing to do is to make -cluster()- correction, if
-heckman- syntax allows that.

if you are desperate, try -gllamm- with three levels: level 1
observations are (a) your probit decision and (b) continuous response;
level 2 units are those pairs, so that the unobserved random effect
allows for the correlation of the two, and is specific to individual
and time; level 3 units are individuals.

Hope this helps, and think over Nick's comments. A good email starts
with "I read the [R] and [U] manuals, I searched Stata FAQ and
Statalist archive, but cannot seem to find an answer to the following
question: ...". (Soon we would have to add, "... and -gllamm- manual
... " :))

Stas

--
Stas Kolenikov