RE: st: RE: resticting the sample?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: resticting the sample?
Date   Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:52:04 +0100

I haven't got any gun in my hand, but
I'm not clear that we need this syntax.

Are you asking for what can be done by

... if !inlist(_n,10,100,250)

If that gets tedious, a macro assignment
cuts the typing

local outliers "inlist(_n,10,100,250)"

regress <whatever> if !`outliers'

Note that this could bite you. Sort
the data and the observation numbers
refer to different observations, but
then -suspendin()- as I understand it suffers from
exactly the same problem. So I go
back to my earlier suggestion
to -generate- an in-sample indicate
variable, or the other suggestions made.

See also -inrange()-.

Clive Nicholas