RE: st: Royston's mvis ado and version questions

From   "Dave Purcell" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Royston's mvis ado and version questions
Date   Mon, 4 Oct 2004 15:48:04 -0400

Nick Cox wrote:

<<As it happens, I had some discussion with Patrick Royston off-list. He
had a quick look at his package and decided that it could be retrofitted
to work under 7. Thanks to Kit Baum, that stuff is now available from
SSC as package -mice7-. >>

Nick & Kit -- thanks for the help, it's very much appreciated. I'm
trying to run -mvis7- now and am getting errors (I'm on Intercooled 7.0,
Born 08 Aug 2001). My command line is (just starting with something
basic):
mvis7 income2 educ using imputed, m(10)

...which results in the following error:
---
imputing 1..equation 1 not found
r(111);
---

When I try -uvis-, I get:
---
version 8 not supported
r(9);
---

In order to make sure it's just not agreeing with my data, I entered a
simple data set and ran mvis7 x y z using imputed, m(5)...
x          y          z
  1.         8          3          1
  2.         3          4          5
  3.         4          5          5
  4.         9          8          .
  5.         1          1          1
  6.         2          4          9
  7.        10         10          .
  8.         3          4          .
  9.        10         19          9
 10.         5          2          .

....this time, I got the following message:
---
imputing 1..2..3..4..5..invalid syntax
r(197);
---

Using uvis with this still results in the "version 8 not supported"
error.

Any help?

Thanks,
Dave