Re: st: Panel data + stochastic frontier (xtfrontier)

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Panel data + stochastic frontier (xtfrontier)
Date   Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:33:52 -0500

Sumon,

It is typical to use the likelihood ratio test to compare the Cobb-Douglas and the traslog.
I believe Tim Coelli (around 1995) showed that the Wald test has low power compared to the
likelihood ratio test.

Also, rom the -lrtest- helpfile:

"lrtest provides an important alternative to Wald testing for models fitted by maximum
likelihood.  Wald testing requires fitting only one model (the unrestricted model).
Hence, it is computationally more attractive than likelihood-ratio testing.  Most
statisticians, however, favor using likelihood ratio testing whenever feasible since
the null-distribution of the LR test statistic is often "more closely" chi-square
distributed than the Wald test statistic."

You could do the following

*estimate translog
qui xtfrontier ....
est store A