Re: st: nested models in svylogit

From   "Emma Slaymaker" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: nested models in svylogit
Date   Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:48:00 +0100

Hi,

I'm always encountering this problem of how to contrast the goodness of
fit of different -svylogit- models.  Despite that I'd still say I'm a
novice and I've found this book very helpful-

Korn, E and Graubard, B (1999) Analysis of Health Surveys John Wiley
and Sons, Inc., New York

They list a few ways to assess the goodness of fit for an -svylogit-
model and I've used one of these in Stata (comparing, within deciles of
risk, the means of the observed and predicted scores using an adjusted
Wald test). It only involved a few predict commands after each model and
they give you step by step instructions.  I don't think I could do
justice to the theory behind it, and there may be a few caveats,  which
is why I'm suggesting looking at the book.

The method I used gives information about the goodness of fit of each
model and you have to make your own decision about which is the better
fit (so it isn't equivalent to using -lrtest- after -logit-).

If there is a better way to do this I would also like to know about
it.

Cheers,
Emma

>>> [email protected] 22/09/04 06:37:50 >>>
I am analyzing survey data using svylogit.

I would like to contrast two models (one nested within the other) in
order
to decide if Model B (the more complex model) provides a significantly

better fit to the data than Model A.

How does one contrast nested logistic models estimated with the
svylogit
command?