st: XTREGAR & WEIGHTS

From   "Antonio Rodrigues Andres" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: XTREGAR & WEIGHTS
Date   Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:17:00 +0200

Dear Stata users
I am using the xtregar command to estimate a fixed effects model with
ar(1). I detected the presence of serial correlation according to the
BFN statistic test. However, I am using as dep. variable mortality
rates. This implies that all observations should be weighted by the
country population. Nevertheless, the xtregar command only allows for
constant weights within the panel. When using weighted regression is to
correct for heteroskedasticity.
Someone could help me with this issue
Thanks in advance