st: Lisrel and Gllamm

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Lisrel and Gllamm
Date   Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:33:30 +0200

Dear Listers,

in the past I have been using Lisrel for confirmatory
as well as exploratory factor analysis and for path
analysis on latent variables.

Now say that I have a set of latent variables which
are represented by some observable variables,
and I want to research into their mutual dependency
and causal directions (if there are any).

Is it - in general - possible to use gllamm for such
estimations as an equivalent to Lisrel and how
would you go about modelling these relationships
in Stata?

All comments are appreciated - sorry if this should
be a silly question with me being unaware of that...

Best regards, Marcus
Marcus Matthias Keupp, Dipl.-Kfm.
Research Associate
University of St. Gallen