st: Nested logit -Asking again. Got not replies!!

From   "Tulika Narayan" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Nested logit -Asking again. Got not replies!!
Date   Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:59:49 -0400

Hey, -resending my question in the hope of getting a response!
T.

I am trying to run a nested logit model and was not sure about the
data format to do that. If I have a choice variable =1,2,3
then my data are in the following format:

id   choice
1     1
2     3
3     1
4     2

However, it seems like the data need it to be in this format:

id    choice  chosen
1       1        1
1       2        0
1       3        0
2       1        0
2       2        0
2       3        1
3       1        1
3       2        0
3       3        0
4       1        0
4       2        1
4       3        0

If this is the case, how do I get my data in this format? Is this
data format necessary?
Thanks. It turns out I have never run nlogit, only mlogits and many
other things!!
Tulika