st: regression question

From   Thomas M�hlmann <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: regression question
Date   Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:25:03 +0200

Dear Statalist-Users,

I have the following regression question:

My dependent variable y is bounded between 0 and 1. Its empirical
distribution is almost uniform between these two values, but the frequency
of observing 0 or 1 is much higher then for a value in ]0,1[.

Now, using logistic regression implies dropping the observations with y
in ]0,1[, what I don't want to do.

What is the appropriate regression technique for such a dependent variable?

Any ideas?

Thanks for your support
Thomas