Re: st: Floating toolbar (Mac OS X)

From   "Michael S. Hanson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Floating toolbar (Mac OS X)
Date   Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:06:46 -0400

On Aug 20, 2004, at 5:58 PM, [email protected] wrote:

"Michael S. Hanson" <[email protected]> wrote:

that ran the length of my (second) monitor.  Now (having just updated
the OS to 10.3.5 and rebooted) I can get *either* a floating toolbar
that is merely the length of the set of the mini-icon buttons in the
toolbar (thus it chops off my path in the status bar), *or* I can get
an anchored toolbar that runs the length of my main monitor -- but the
rest of the Stata windows are on my second monitor.
The first part of your message is missing... I'll try to answer based on
what I did get which is quoted above.
(Sorry about that -- I don't know why that happens to me on occasion, although I have noticed it in some other member's messages as well.)

I'm surprised if you were getting the anchored toolbar to run all the way
across your second monitor previously. I seem to remember testing this out a
while back (prior to 10.3.5) to see how far the toolbar went and I'm pretty
sure it only went to the edge of the main screen.
Yes, that's correct. Which is fine. What I want -- and am fairly certain I had stumbled upon earlier (prior to the 10.3.5 upgrade) -- is a *floating* toolbar that runs the length of the entire second screen. That, or a toolbar anchored to the *second* screen. Either would be fine, although I think I'd prefer the former.

The reason we added the ability to make the toolbar a floating window is
because the anchored toolbar was wasting a lot of real estate on large
monitors (like a 23" cinema display).
(Let alone the 30"!) Sure, that makes sense. My only problem with the floating toolbar is that the default width is too narrow for me to see my full path in the status line....

I'll look into adding a growbox to the floating toolbar so that you can resize it.
	... but that would be a *great* solution.  Thanks for investigating!

                                        -- Mike