st: Dummies representing combinations of dummies, & conserving matsize

From   CM <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Dummies representing combinations of dummies, & conserving matsize
Date   Sun, 22 Aug 2004 10:56:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I have a dataset that includes 14 dummy variables
(0/1).  Essentially, I want to be able to generate
variables (to be included in the dataset), each of
which represents a pairwise combination of the 14
dummies.

For example, let the 14 dummies be represented by
x1...x14.  Then I want another variable x1x2 which
equates to 1 if x1 and x2 both equal 1; 0 otherwise.
And then I would need this done for all 14c2 ("14
choose 2") combinations.  I suppose I could do it
manually, but there's gotta be a simpler way.

Probably more importantly, is it possible to add these
variables in a regression without eating into the 800
max matsize that I get to use in Stata Intercooled?

Thanks,
CM