st: RE: generating data sets with specific parameters

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: generating data sets with specific parameters
Date   Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:56:46 -0500

You might try -corr2data-

. corr2data newvar, mean(10.62) sd(1.74) n(109)
(obs 109)

. sum

    Variable |       Obs        Mean    Std. Dev.       Min        Max
      newvar |       109       10.62        1.74   6.648153     14.176

Also, -drawnorm- and Joseph Hilbe's random number generators -rnd- might be
useful.

Hope this helps,
Scott