st: Reporting Gamma Regression

From   "Stephen Soldz" <[email protected]>
To   "Statlist" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Reporting Gamma Regression
Date   Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:11:56 -0400

I asked about reporting gamma regression, especially whether to exponentiate
coefficients and what term to use if I did.

Joseph Coveney pointed to a couple of example from the literature that did
not exponentiate, and one that did.

Roger Newson advocates exponentiating and reporting them as arithmetic mean
ratios. At this point I don't quite understand, but I have clues where to
look.

Joseph Hilbe wrote me separtely and point out the identity of gamma
regression with a scale of one and exponential regression and advocated
taking tips on how to report from examples of exponential regression in the
literature.

At this point I don't quite understand the best approach, or what the
implications are, but I have clues where to look. Thanks, everyone.

Stephen Soldz
Director, Center for Research, Evaluation, and Program Development
Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis
1581 Beacon St.
Brookline, MA 02446
[email protected]
http://soldzresearch.com/stephensoldz